The Welsh Government, a co-founder, has supported the project since its inception, providing access to development sites and loan finance – at commercial rates. The Principality Building Society was also a co-founder and nurtured the concept and the team and continues to contribute ideas and financial services, providing some of our current development finance , again on a commercial basis. Tirion Group operates entirely independently.
We are now forming strong working partnerships with Local Authorities, large house builders/commercial developers and service providers to help expand the housing provision and choice locally. We can bring significant benefits to such a relationship:
- access to long term finance;
- ability to implement major housing programmes with no recourse to government grant or subsidy;
- delivery and management of large scale projects;
- significant expertise and extensive experience in reclaiming and developing brownfield sites;
- flexibility in terms of development mix, tenures and occupancy;
- ability to maximise the value of Local Authority land assets;
- a not-for-profit company with a lean structure and a low cost base;
- ability to take a long term view of marginal opportunities;
- delivering a new approach, underpinned by sound social values.